jeudi 30 mai 2013

Football, Gaudi and sunny… Just kidding, rainy


My final trip living in Europe. I spent a few days with my parents in Barcelona. I hadn’t seen my parents in about 10 months. SO it was nice to be able to spend some time with them before going to New Zealand.

It was an amazing trip. I never knew much about Spain and Barcelona and was pleasantly surprised.

We visited the football stadium on my first day. FC Barca is my dads favourite team. It was nice to see him so happy about visiting the stadium. Just like a kid on Christmas. Even as a lesser fan than him (almost not a fan at all), I thought it was impressive to see the history of the club and the stadium itself. A proud club that remembers their origins.

Another great discovery was the works done by Gaudi. I had heard of Gaudi before going, but not really anything specific he did. We saw the Guell park, the Segrada Familia and the Batllo house he designed and everyone is unique and different and incredible. To have designed such different buildings is truly amazing. Everything is different and meant something different to him. It’s interesting leaning what inspired him to do things in certain ways.

The rest of the time we mostly just walked around and saw different areas of the city. Unfortunately the weather wasn’t great. I was hoping for warm weather, but we had to wear coats almost everyday. And it rained so much. It wouldn’t last all day, but once in a while it would POUR. But that didn’t stop us from enjoying all the things the city has to offer.

We ate great food, saw beautiful buildings, experienced a different culture. What a last trip it was. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire