jeudi 1 septembre 2011

Beer gardens


So Munich is famous for many things, one of them being beer gardens and beer halls.

I have to say, I think this is one of my favorite places. Not because you drink beer, but for the atmosphere you find in such a place.

Most beer gardens have long tables, kind of like giant picnic tables. You get a beer and just sit anywhere. Most of the time, you have to ask people to sit at the same table as them, as there are very few empty ones. During this time, you get to talk to them.

Some people go there on their own (mostly older german men). It’s so nice to get to talk to them and learn about them. It’s not like back home when an older creepy guy comes up to you, you feel awkward and want to leave.

The other day, we went to Augustiner Halle (to have the best beer ever) and 2 of our friends were sitting with a german guy. One of the people I knew was talking to this guy for like an hour, with him not speaking german and the german guy not speaking English. It was wonderful.

I got to speak to him in german a bit as well. Well Bavarian german, which is a bit different. I think he enjoyed talking to me in german.

A few days ago, I went near Ostbahnhof station and they had a little festival with traditional german music and people were dancing. My friend Matt (24), was asked to dance by a 50-something year old woman. It was really nice to see. And we got to talk to germans as well. Everyone is so nice!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire